Creative Ace Publishing first project of fiction is an anthology that you are invited to join! They are looking for fairy tale retellings with two caveats: All main characters must be canonically LGBTQIA+/MOGAI and they must have a happily ever after.
This doesn’t mean it has to be a romantic ending however. Finding a home, themselves, or some other non-romantic happy ending is also acceptable. Basically the opposite to the negative tropes you can find on the Bury Your Gays page.
Fairy tales are stories that refuse to fade away, so show us queer characters who do the same in order to find their happy ending.
- Short stories must be 2000-5000 words and suitable for a young adult audience.
- We also want minors, the sex repulsed, and abuse victims to be able to read this collection. So mind the steam level and be careful with how “dark things” are in order to make them “light” again.
- Title your work: Title by Author Name when emailing email@example.com. Word documents with 12 point Times font only please.
- You must be able to legally give us permission in order to be part of the collection. Pen names are fine for the bylines, simply let us know by adding it after your author name.
Deadlines and Details:
- We hope to have this collection out during Asexual Awareness week which is in October. So while the stories don’t need to have asexuals in them, please do take that into consideration.
- You have until September 9th to send your stories in.
- 50% of profits will be donated to The Trevor Project which is an inclusive crisis hotline for LGBTQIA+ youth. The other half will be used to branch out to producing novels which will pay competitive royalties to the author.